Firefighters from three fire stations, police and paramedics were dispatched to Century Tower on Dollery Drive, shortly after 6PM on Sunday evening (08/10), to reports of a fire.

A spokesperson from West Midlands Fire Service, said: “Crews from Bournbrook, Highgate and Ladywood fire stations, were attendance at a severe flat fire in Century Tower, Edgbaston.

A man was rescued from a 9th floor flat and several other residents were led to safety by fire crews. Cause of fire was due to a faulty microwave.”