Highways England are continuing a concrete repair and resurfacing scheme at Spaghetti Junction during summer 2017
Traffic management will be in place during the works, including seven full weekend closures of junction 6 of the M6, entry and exit slip roads slip roads and the A38(M) into and out of Birmingham.
The work will be carried out during the summer months when the road is at its quietest with the M6 itself remaining fully open throughout.
National Express West Midlands are offereing a special £12 weekly bus ticket on routes 65, 66, 67, X3, X4 and X5 during the works. The ticket can be purchased from the Birmingham Travelshop on Corporation street.
On Thursday 13th July:
- The Gravelly Hill approach to the A38(M) will be closed
- Gravelly Hill closed into city from Six Ways to the A38(M) (access to frontages only), diversions will be in place.
- The Tyburn Road approach to the A38(M) will be closed, Tyburn Road itself will remain open.
- Overnight (8pm to 6am) closure of A38(M) into city
Daytimes from Friday 14th July:
- The tidal flow lane on the A38(M) (controlled by electronic overhead signs) will be closed.
- Narrow lanes on A38(M) with a 30mph speed limit for safety reasons.
- Park Circus on slip will remain open.
- Salford Circus will remain open.
- The A38(M) Aston Expressway will be closed for 7 consecutive weekends (from 8pm Fridays to 6am Mondays) during these closures it will not be possible to get on or off the M6 at junction 6.
- The first weekend closure will begin on Friday 14 July and the last one is due to end on Monday 28 August.
- No traffic will be able to access the Expressway to either enter or leave Birmingham during these closures
We advise you to plan well ahead, allow more time for journeys and consider alternative modes of transport including public transport whenever possible.
Highways England Customer Contact Centre is also available 24 hours a day on 0300 123 5000.