City Social has officially opened underneath the Suffolk Street Queensway Underpass following the successful 2017 City Social events, part of Birmingham Weekender in September and Christmas at City Social that was live for six weeks on the run up to Christmas.
The Spring edition of City Social will be open underneath the underpass opposite the Mailbox from Thursday 3rd to Monday 28th May. By week traders will trade local food, drink and retail, by the weekend those traders will be a part of an entertainment schedule including local acoustic artists, DJ’s and live bands.
Bespoke set-ups and vehicles will include:
- Exotic Burger Shed: Offering freshly produced Kangaroo, Ostrich & Wild Boar burgers
- Fruit & Liquor Schack: Providing freshly prepared fruit blends, can add alcohol is you wish to!
- Pimms & Westons Cider
- Bailey’s Caribbean: Producing fresh and original Caribbean food (jerk chicken etc)
- Peaky Blinders Bus Bar: Providing Peaky Blinders lager, pale ale, whiskey, gin & rum as well as gift packs.
- Smirnoff Trailor: Stocking a variety of Diageo brands; Smirnoff, CIroc, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray as well as Prosecco & Champagne
- Tanquerary Trailor: Our very own gin bar, with a variety of Tanqueray serves & offers available
- ABK Bavarian Craft Beer; Providing variety of Pilsner’s
- Dessert Shack; Producing Waffle on a stick, brownie on a stick – a variety of desserts to your liking!
- Soon to arrive at City Social is Mahirs providing Indian Street Food and Sidemoor Fish & Chip’s
To accompany the local traders and entertainment schedule, additional activities across the 26 days include a screening of the Royal Wedding from 12noon on Saturday 19th May, a Peaky Blinders themed event on Friday 18th May from 6pm and also an opportunity for local Birmingham businesses to reserve an area for themselves to enjoy the events activities, food & drink.
The event will trade seven days a week, with operating times being 12noon – 7pm Sunday through to Wednesday and 12noon – 9pm Thursday through to Saturday.