(Images: Peaky Tours)
During the month of September, (29&30/09) visitors to the Peaky Blinders Immersive Festival will be transported back in time, to the turn of the twentieth century. Ticket-holders will be exploring the authentically renovated The Rainbow Pub, Cellar and Courtyard, especially for this event.
Presented by Brum Tours and Shameful Indulgence, the theatrical weekender will see the traditional Victorian Birmingham pub and its home of Adderley Street, both important locations to the infamous gang’s history, become home to an extravaganza, rich in the history of the Peaky Blinders.
Using Brum Tours’ far-reaching knowledge, gathered from historically accurate research undertaken for their previous ‘Peaky Tours’, the hosts are putting together an authentic event that will convince you, you truly are a part of it all.
Activities will include:
- Victorian-inspired street food dishes curated by the award-winning Digbeth Dining Club.
- A vintage fairground featuring amusements and rides from the era.
- Historical talks delivered by experts from Brum Tours.
- Local ales and specialist cocktails delivered in authentic Brummie turn-of-the-century style.
- Live bawdy music-hall style entertainment and Irish traditional folk musicians.
- Tarot-card readings, live boxing, shoeshines, caricatures, live magicians and screenings.
Adrian Barrows, Director of Brum Tours, says: “It’s a pleasure to be announcing the first ever Peaky Blinders Immersive Festival, set to take place in the historic area where it all began for the notorious gang. The Peakys are an intriguing and unforgettable part of Birmingham’s history; we want to give visitors a real sensory insight into life as it was for the working class in the early part of the Twentieth Century. We’re excited to be working with a number of partners to realise this fantastic two-day event – with high production values, real theatre, great food and drink, live music and more, it really will be an enjoyable and memorable day out for all.”
If you are a fan of the show, there are no excuses for not attending this event. A festival like this is what Peaky Blinder buffs everywhere have been eagerly awaiting, now the wait it almost over!
Click here for more information and tickets.