Popular hotel Malmaison, based inside the Mailbox is certainly the place to be for an Afternoon Tea to remember. Treat a soon-to-be Bride, your beloved Mother or dear friend to this journey of delights that’s just a small step away from tradition.
Classic Cream Tea at a price of £12 offers a selection of scones with clotted cream & strawberry jam, Bakewell tart and salted caramel brownies with a choice of tasty teas. However, we recommend going big with their full Afternoon Tea for just £19.95. We promise a flurry of surprises await.
Want to know what’s in store?
Of course, all that’s included with the Classic Cream version plus…
Smoked Salmon, Cucumber & Cream Cheese Bagel
Egg Mayonnaise Sub Roll
Double Chocolate Cupcake
Seasonal Fruit Shake
For an extra few quid the Mal throw in a glass of champers or a well-matched cocktail to accompany. The perfect way to end a girls afternoon!
Can you guess who will go for what out of this selection?
Orange Brulee – Disaronno, Cointreau, Grand Mariner, Hennessey VS, Cream, Chocolate Dust.
Black Forest Martini (our favourite!) – Butterscotch Schnapps, Cherry Heering, Blackberries, Raspberries, Grenadine, Cream.
Hendrick’s G&T – Hendrick’s Gin, St Germain Elderflower Liqueur, Blackberry and Elderflower Tea, Syrup, Lemon Juice, Tonic.
Classic Espresso Martini – Absolut Vodka, Coffee Liqueur, Espresso.
- Afternoon tea was invented in the early 1800’s by Anna the seventh Duchess of Bedford to ward off hunger pain as dinner was usually served late.
- Despite the popular association, scones are a relatively new addition, added in the 1900’s.
- It is estimated 165 million cups of tea are drunk in Britain EVERY DAY!
- Afternoon Tea Week begins 13th August 2018.
- Milk was traditionally put in the cup before tea to protect the china! Sacrilege!